Becoming a Member
We invite you to become a part of the Pisgah Baptist family!
The following are the ways this can be accomplished:
By Baptism: Baptism is an ordinance that our Lord Jesus Christ instituted for the purpose of publicly professing our faith in and love for Jesus Christ. It is our first act of obedience as a new believer. Scriptural baptism is believer’s baptism by immersion. If you have experienced God’s gracious salvation and have yet to be baptized, we can schedule your baptism and receive you into membership. If you were not originally baptized by immersion after conversion as a symbol of salvation, then we can schedule your baptism and receive you into membership.
By Statement of Faith: If you are a believer who has been Biblically baptized, and are coming from an Evangelical denomination, then we will receive you into membership based upon your profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
By Transfer of Letter: If you are a Christian coming from another Southern Baptist church, then we will receive you into membership upon receipt of a letter of transfer.
Our Church Covenant
Having been led by the Spirit of God to repent and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord, and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, in the presence of God, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We commit, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit to:
- Joyful Intimacy. We shall prayerfully foster intimacy with God and His people through obedience to the way of Christ, as revealed in God’s Holy Word.
- Joyful Stewardship. We shall regularly give of our time, spiritual gifts, abilities, and finances to support this local body of Christ.
- Joyful Unity. We shall sustain Biblical worship, ordinances, church discipline, doctrine, discipleship, and fellowship.
- Joyful Outreach. We shall live like Christ and tell others about God’s redemptive plan calling them to repentance and faith.
- Joyful Ministry. We shall care for the spiritual and physical needs of our church, community, and world with the resources God has provided.
Should the providence of God remove us from this place, we will as soon as possible unite with another church of like faith and practice where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
We ask the Head of the Church, Jesus Christ, to grant us the grace and perseverance necessary for the keeping of this covenant. Amen.
Undecided about becoming a member?
Please consider our Sunday School class Welcome to Christ & Pisgah. This class meets during our regular Sunday School and is taught by the Pastor on an eight-week cycle.
For additional information regarding the Biblical nature of membership and its blessings, please read Are_You_Confused_About_Church_Membership. We would be delighted to speak with you regarding membership, so please do not hesitate to contact us.